Building Services Technician
at Sydney Clubs
- Electrician or Refrigeration Mechanic – mostly Mon to Fri
- Become part of a growing iconic brand that always puts its people first
- Free gym membership for you and a friend, discounted PT + more benefits
Our two new Sydney clubs (Margaret St, Sydney CBD and St Leonards) will boast top-of-the-line equipment and purpose-built studios for our group exercise experiences (Boxing, Grid-HIIT, Reformer and Yoga). Margaret Street is positioned right above the popular Met Centre in Sydney's CBD, and St Leonards will be positioned in the iconic St Leonards Square development.
You’ll deliver both a preventative and reactive maintenance schedule safely, on time and within budget. It’s about providing a fully functional, compelling and safe environment for our members and team members. You’ll oversee the completion of minor repairs and reactive maintenance and build key relationships with contractors to ensure they deliver in line with their service level agreements.
You’re experienced in building maintenance (including HVAC) and ideally with a technical trade background. You’re patient, level-headed and cool under pressure with knowledge of regulatory compliance across facilities. You have good planning skills and are efficient at resolving issues with safety and budget in mind. You take great pride in your property and naturally think about ways of improving its carbon footprint and reducing utility consumption.
What you'll get from us:
- Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you? And why wouldn’t you?
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- Performance incentive and a place on the management team
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Uniforms designed in partnership with lululemon athletica
- We like to be normal, not formal
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now. And if you’re an internal candidate, we don’t need your resume – just upload 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.