Social Media Specialist, Community Management
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Champion our online community
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- Perm 2-days (in our Zetland office each Monday 9-12… otherwise fully flexible due to nature of response times)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 233 clubs in 8 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you’ll execute community management across a range of platforms in order to drive conversation and positive customer engagement.
In a nutshell:
• Engage both proactively and reactively to national social media conversations using Virgin
Active’s brand tone of voice.
• Task comments and enquiries to respective clubs via Sprout.
• Enhance and add to Virgin Active’s set of key responses using brand tone of voice.
• Edit and approve all local content submitted for page publication.
• Educate stakeholders across the organisation on best practice for relevant social media
community management into the local club teams.
• Manage permissions within Sprout, introduce new staff to the platform (and Virgin Active’s
company guidelines) and keeping Sprout team up to date with software changes.
• Use the Sprout listening tool to report on brand sentiment.
• Escalate potential brand risks before they become PR issues (may require escalation after
hours… though anticipated infrequently)
To land this gig:
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with experience using social media forums and have previously helped to implement social media campaigns. You write well. Really well. You’re amazing at copywriting and you’re authentic when you express yourself. You love to engage with others to spark ideas and creativity. You pride yourself on knowing how to leverage social media to get the best results. And you know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. A relevant tertiary qual is a bonus. A+ for you.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible option
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.