Social Media Manager (mat leave contract)
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Bring community, culture and product to life
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- 12 month maternity leave from Nov (part-time 3 days in Zetland)
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll lead, enhance and execute Virgin Active’s social media strategy to ensure delivery of a better share of voice, through our unique brand proposition in a competitive industry. The marketing team are open-minded, curious and authentic and driven to differentiate what we do – they also love a good high intensity workout to keep their minds in balance.
In a nutshell:
- Execute the social media strategy and manage all social channels including blog, Facebook and Instagram.
- Design, develop, execute and report on editorial calendars for multiple social media channels to drive engagement.
- Analyse and report social media activities monthly for successes and new opportunities.
- Work with our in-house Design and Content Creator and creative agency to plan and create exciting and engaging branded content for social media, web and blog channels.
- Collaborate with internal/external influencers to achieve credible user-generated content.
- Liaise with clubs to uncover great stories and content for blog and social media channels (using Sprout to mediate).
- Liaise with our PR agency to maximise exposure within social media and blog channels.
- Set up and run paid social campaigns optimising spend to maximise ROI (low cost / lead).
- Set up and execute social competitions to drive engagement.
- Provide leadership, clear direction and ongoing development to the Social Media Specialist, Community Management.
- Provide copywrite/editing support across all brand channels and undertake other key projects as required.
To land this gig:
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6-8 years of relevant (social media) experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re obsessed with finding innovative ways of storytelling and have a track record of implementing social media campaigns and community management via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest and blogs. You’re known for your writing talent and you’re authentic when you express yourself. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Regular personal and professional and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?...Consider it done.
Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.