Social Media Manager
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Bring community, culture and product to life
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- Zetland location (close to Green Square station)
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you’ll lead, enhance and execute Virgin Active’s social media strategy to ensure delivery of a better share of voice, through our unique brand proposition in a competitive industry. The marketing team are open-minded, curious and authentic and driven to differentiate what we do – they also love a good high intensity workout to keep their minds in balance.
- Execute the social media strategy and manage all social channels including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Spotify and the blog.
- Design, develop, execute and report on editorial calendars for multiple social media channels to drive engagement.
- Analyse and report social media activities monthly for successes and new opportunities.
- Work with our in-house Design Manager and creative agency to plan and create exciting and engaging branded content for social media, web and blog channels.
- Manage and collaborate with internal/external influencers to achieve credible user-generated content.
- Leverage local and cultural moments to produce content that optimises brand relevance in Australian market.
- Liaise with clubs to uncover great stories and content for blog and social media channels (using Sprout to mediate).
- Research, develop and expand Virgin Active’s brand presence on emerging channels relevant to the the Australian market.
- Provide copywrite/editing support across all brand channels and undertake other key projects as required.
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6-8 years of relevant social media experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re obsessed with finding innovative ways of storytelling and have a track record of implementing social media campaigns and driving engagement via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and blogs. You’re known for your writing talent and you’re authentic when you express yourself. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you? And why wouldn’t you?
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- We like to be normal, not formal
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.