Senior Financial Accountant
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Support the business in driving key decision-making
- Great flexibility with a mix of working from the office and home
- Free gym membership for you and your buddy
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll prepare and analyse financial information to ensure accurate financial reporting for Virgin Active. The finance team are straightforward, honest and pragmatic and driven to deliver to high standards – they also love a good high intensity workout to keep their minds in balance.
In a nutshell:
• Calculate and review month end revenue and daily sales reconciliations.
• Prepare, analyse and communicate fortnightly FTE payroll reports.
• Prepare and review month end provisions and accruals (including consumables and R&M
• Prepare monthly club consumables and R&M reports and acting as the finance lead
with club heads of departments.
• Prepare, analyse and communicate monthly commissions for the sales and operations
• Assist with monthly inventory stocktake process and quarterly accounting treatment.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly management accounts and
finalisation/submission of monthly results to Virgin Active group.
• Review and analyse operating results in relation to costs, budget and operating
policies and support the Finance Manager in providing interpretation, commentary
and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Support the Finance Manager in managing month end processes, liaising with business
stakeholders and ensuring accounting standards and practices are adhered to.
• Ensure full compliance and lodgement of local payroll tax, FBT, BAS and other tax
• Provide key support to the annual external audit process and group reporting pack.
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with a Bachelor’s degree, at least 5 years of relevant experience and your CA/CPA. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re people-focused and get a kick out of solving accounting queries to create seamless financial insights for people. You love to immerse yourself into detail and enjoy a good audit. You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
What we offer you:
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- We like to be normal, not formal?
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now.