at Head Office (Sydney)
- Bring your entrepreneurial spirit and maximise our people potenial
- Work as part of a passionate, high-performing team of 4
- Free gym membership for you and a friend, discounted PT + more benefits
Here at Virgin Active Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on inspiring people to live at active life is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most loved exercise brand.
We are part of the Virgin group of companies worldwide and launched our Australian business in 2008 with one club, five studios and a dedicated team of just 50 people. Today, we have a team of over nearly 1,000 people and we’re building a collection of iconic locations in Sydney and Melbourne.
We’re here to inspire people to live an active life. Why? So they live happily ever active.
Reporting to the People Experience Manager, you’ll provide people business partnering to ensure we attract, develop, motivate and retain high performing and engaged team members. You’ll bring expertise in award interpretation / compliance, labour law, policies and remuneration. It’s about providing solutions that help our team inspire the community to live an active life.
In a nutshell:
• Work with key stakeholders to influence, plan and implement human resources solutions in line with our business strategy (and people promise).
• Identify areas of long-term strategic development within the HR environment.
• Research issues and develop HR solutions to resolve strategic business issues.
• Provide recommendations and solutions covering multiple areas of HR including policy development, contract development, people metrics, remuneration and benefits, recognition, engagement, diversity and inclusion (inc WGEA), wellbeing, ER/IR/policy compliance and organisational change.
• Develop and implement new policies, practices and programs to meet organisational and management needs.
• Build strong relationships with managers to provide general coaching and advice on people matters.
• Provide technical guidance and advice to managers on HR policies, programs and practices.
You’re a seasoned HR practitioner with 8+ years of fast-paced and dynamic generalist HR experience and relevant tertiary qualifications. You’re a passionate people person and you’re known for your ability to provide effective solutions to all your stakeholders. You’re skilled at navigating sensitive matters, influencing key stakeholders and people trust your judgement. You’re trusted to manage your time and flex between competing priorities with ease. You have a can-do approach, you think on your feet and you roll with the punches when things change.
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you? And why wouldn’t you?
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- We like to be normal, not formal
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 200 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.