at Head Office (Sydney)
- People person? Detail lover? Join a close-knit team with a passion for fitness
- Gain administration experience within the health & fitness industry
- Full-time Monday to Friday gig based in Zetland
Here at Virgin Active Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on inspiring people to live at active life is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most loved exercise brand.
We are part of the Virgin group of companies worldwide and launched our Australian business in 2008 with one club, five studios and a dedicated team of just 50 people. Today, we have a team of over nearly 1,000 people and we’re building a collection of iconic locations in Sydney and Melbourne. With the customer at the heart of everything we do, we’re developing a more personalised gym and multi-boutique experience in Australia.
Reporting to the Membership Admin Manager, you’ll deliver member administration and ensure extraordinary member satisfaction in all interactions.
In a nutshell:
• Ensure the records for each new member are accurate and all relevant data is captured in the member management system to enable a seamless direct debit payment process.
• Follow-up on arrears collections and maintain detailed and accurate notes of actions.
• Respond to queries about membership terms, club rules, policies and any other type of general query that ensures a seamless experience for members.
• Complete service calls to members as requested
• Ensure all member feedback and complaints are handled effectively.
• Record all communication with members in the member management system.
• Find ways to give that little bit extra… especially when it’s unexpected.
To land this gig:
- You have relevant customer service or administration experience and some exposure to arrears collection.
- You have aligned experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You may also have some call centre experience. A+ for you.
- You are people-focused. You’re warm, honest and genuine. You get a kick out of investigating gaps in paperwork and solving system admin issues to create seamless processes for people. Going over and above to deliver impeccable customer service makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- You are self-assured. You listen intently. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating at all levels. You’re authentic when you express yourself. People trust you.
- You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand.
- You enjoy solving problems. Detail is your forte and you don’t get flustered easily. You can be counted on to skilfully respond to feedback and complaints.
- You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You’re motivated to find solutions. Whatever a member needs, whatever a member is looking for, you help them find it.
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you? And why wouldn’t you?
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- We like to be normal, not formal.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now. And if you’re an internal candidate, we don’t need your resume – just upload 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.