at Head Office (Sydney)
- Help champion our employee experience
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- Zetland (near Green Square station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 233 clubs in 8 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Head of People, you’ll provide administrative support to the people team and ensure seamless HR operations. It’s about working behind the scenes to help us deliver an extraordinary employee experience at Virgin Active.
In a nutshell:
- Coordinate all aspects of the recruitment requisition and job posting process.
- Draft offer letters and manage new starter requirements.
- Update and control personnel files (hard copy and electronic) and maintain org charts.
- Manage people drive and People Place documentation (central HR info repository).
- Coordinate training activities and ensure resources and logistical aspects are organised.
- Provide support to the reward and recognition program.
- Provide support to payroll processing and all HR reporting requirements.
- Process terminations and collate and input exit interview insights from managers.
- Support the preparation and execution of people health checks. Provide further
support directly to the Head of People and people team where possible.
To land this gig:
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of
admin experience with an HR team.You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You love to immerse yourself into detail and are known for being meticulous with admin (but still a fast worker). You’re people-focused and get a kick out of making everything work behind the scenes to create an incredible employee experience. You’re savvy with various HR systems, know how to extract the info needed and are used to handling really sensitive info. You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular coaching and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.