Head of Operations
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Make exercise irresistible
- Commercial and people-focused
- Zetland (near Green Square station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 233 clubs in 8 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll be responsible for the overall success of our club operations. Leading the club experience, you’ll create an environment where making exercise irresistible, is at the forefront of every day. To do this, you’ll spend a lot of time ensuring a fully aligned and cohesive management team of leaders that our people love to work with. Along with maximising experience and profitability, you’ll ensure all central initiatives and objectives are created in coalition with club teams (designed with a true understanding of club needs) and communicated in a way that enables flawless execution. You’ll also scope out, manage and oversee the delivery of all in club capital expenditure projects and oversee the central strategic development of club ops, maintenance, club-v and swim. At this level, you’ll represent Virgin Active in negotiations and liaise with major partners, our industry association and any government reps as required.
You’re driven, commercially-savvy and people-focused with 10+ years of relevant experience. You easily move between tactical work and big picture work and love to engage with teams to spark ideas and creativity. You’re a natural when it comes to creating alignment in leadership teams and you’ve a history of delivering profitability for shareholders. You are self-assured. Your communications are direct, considered and clear and you’re authentic when you express yourself. You use your intuition to make good, pragmatic decisions. People trust your judgement.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- Performance incentive and a place on the management team
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular coaching and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now. And if you’re an internal candidate, we don’t need your resume – just upload 250 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great. This gig requires that you do have the right to work in Australia.
For specific questions about this role, please contact Nerida Wolfers at email@example.com