APAC SQL Developer
at Head Office (Sydney)
- • APAC remit within high performing and passionate APAC team
- • Free gym membership for you and a friend, discounted PT + more benefits
- • Work between the office and home (office located in Zetland)
Reporting to the APAC Applications Developer Manager, you will develop and maintain the applications database with a strong focus on ensuring reliability and performance of applications database with majority of time spent writing SQL code/programming for day-to-day operations.
In a nutshell:
• Design, code and test SQL store procedures and report extracts to suit business requirements.
• Develop operating and system documentation.
• Write and further develop coded reporting scripts.
• Write optimized SQL queries to ensure server peak performance.
• Provide business intelligence reporting as per agreed schedule.
• Complete data extract requests as required by stakeholders.
• Respond to user enquiries escalated in line with help desk procedures.
• Support the APAC Applications Development Manager with all systems implementation and changes.
- You have 3+ years analysis and development experience (with a high focus on data and database systems) coupled with tertiary quals in computer science or a related discipline.
- You have aligned experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re known for your proven skills with SQL and you’re used to developing and ultimately optimising systems. You enjoy providing business intelligence, troubleshooting and naturally look for ways to ensure peak performance.
- You are people-focused. You’re warm, honest and genuine. You get a kick out of understanding the essential needs of users to ensure delivery of well-designed programs. Going over and above to deliver impeccable customer service makes you feel happy.
- You are self-assured. You listen intently. You write well. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating at all levels. You’re authentic when you express yourself. People trust you.
- You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand. You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily. You’re comfortable managing your time and can be counted on to prioritise issues and manage multiple problems at once.
- You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You’re motivated to find solutions. You easily move between competing priorities on the go.
What we offer you:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you? And why wouldn’t you?
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?...
- Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now. And if you’re an internal candidate, we don’t need your resume – just upload 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.