at Head Office (Sydney)
- Support the business in driving key decision-making
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- Office located in Zetland, near Green Square station
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll prepare and analyse financial information to ensure accurate financial reporting and forecasting for Virgin Active. The finance team are straightforward, honest and pragmatic and driven to deliver to high standards – they also love a good high intensity workout to keep their minds in balance
Your gig in a nutshell:
- Take responsibility for the fixed asset register (circa $40m and growing), oversee monthly reconciliation of capex and cashflow and posting depreciation.
- Prepare month end process and journals, including revenue and daily sales journals, ad-hoc invoicing, accruals and visa card spend analysis.
- Prepare utilities accruals and analysis across club sites.
- Lead the bank reconciliation process, manage the club daily cash trackers and monitor term deposit entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure full compliance and lodgement of local payroll tax, FBT, BAS and other tax returns.
- Review and analyse operating results in relation to costs, budget and operating policies and support the Finance Manager in providing interpretation and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Support the Finance Manager in managing month end processes, liaising with business stakeholders and ensuring accounting standards and practices are adhered to.
- Provide key support to the annual audit process.
To land this gig:
You’re driven, organised and level-headed with a Bachelor’s degree, at least 3-5 years of relevant experience and your CA/CPA (newly qualified or nearly there). You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re people-focused and get a kick out of providing solid forecasts and solving accounting queries to create seamless financial insights for people. You love to immerse yourself into detail and enjoy a good audit. You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.