Accounts Payable Officer
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Make exercise irresistable
- Free membership for you and your buddy
- Zetland (near Green Square station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 233 clubs in 8 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll ensure accounts payable activities are handled seamlessly from authorisation through to payment. You’ll own the processing, verification and reconciling of invoices along with providing financial and administrative support to the finance team.
In a nutshell:
Receive invoices and other accounts payable documentation, check and confirm liability for payment.
- Obtain authorisation for payment from appropriate people, allocate expenditure to the correct budget and ensure weekly and monthly payment runs are completed on time, adhering to all controls.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with our major suppliers. Work collaboratively to improve work practices and processing efficiencies.
- Follow through on all accounts payable related queries from suppliers and team members.
- Maintain records of documents processed for ready access (hard copy and electronic) and produce various reports according to operating procedures.
- Process all team member expense claims in line with guidelines.
- Assist with the month end accounting procedures and with the preparation of month end
reports and reconciliations as required.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the payment process.
To land this gig:
You have at least 2 years of high volume accounts payable experience and ideally you’ve worked with large ERP systems (highly valued but not essential). You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You’re super organised and able to immerse yourself in the detail (but still able to work quickly). You are people-focused. You get a kick out of making everything work behind the scenes to create a smooth and efficient accounts payable function and supporting the finance team makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. You are driven. Detail is your forte and you don’t get flustered easily. You can be counted on to continually improve the finance team workflow. You’re used to handling really sensitive info and you have a can-do approach.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular coaching and development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now... please include your resume and 100 words describing why you want this gig and why you’d be great.