Systems Support Specialist
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Is IT your thing? Help make exercise irresistible
- Great team environment – be yourself
- Zetland (near Green Square Station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 233 clubs in 8 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, you’ll provide seamless support to all users of Virgin Active’s business systems and ensure remarkable user satisfaction in all interactions.
In a nutshell:
• Provide technical advice to users on computer hardware and software.
• Resolve problems and queries effectively… providing regular and realistic status updates.
• Escalate problems which require additional expertise.
• Record all user queries and resolution activities in the help desk management system.
• Produce records reflecting helpdesk statistics and monitor volumes.
• Follow regular maintenance requirements and ensure documented.
• Support the Business Systems Manager with the implementation of new systems and selection of IT equipment, and provide insight into potential areas for product enhancement and educational requirements.
- You have 3+ years of relevant systems support experience and (ideally) a relevant IT qual.
- You have aligned experience. You have sound technical knowledge of desktop hardware and both standard and customised (in-house) software. You know what it’s like to install and maintain backups, firewalls and router products. Active Directory, Windows, Exchange and MSSQL are
all familiar. You may also have some multi-site experience. A+ for you.
- You are people-focused. You’re warm, honest and genuine. You get a kick out of helping others and solving system issues to create seamless IT experiences for people. Going over and above to deliver impeccable customer service makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- You are self-assured. You listen intently. You write well. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating at all levels. You’re authentic when you express yourself. People trust you.
- You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand. You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily. You’re comfortable managing your time and can be counted
on to prioritise issues and manage multiple problems at once.
- You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You’re motivated to find solutions. You easily move between competing priorities on the go.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular coaching and development
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?... Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now.