at Head Office (Sydney)
- Safety guru wanted
- End to end remit
- Zetland (near Green Square Station)
Reporting to the Managing Director in this newly created role, you'll own all things safety for our members and staff and you'll be all about building and embedding a member and employee safety culture into Virgin Active.
With an end to end remit, you’ll be responsible for implementing, developing and reviewing Virgin Active’s safety management systems and leading safety policy execution and review within the parameters of the wider Virgin Active Group’s Safety Standards and legislative requirements. You’ll also be tasked with scoping out and implementing a club audit and support program, continual innovative development of a culture of safety awareness across the business for our staff and our members, as well as managing the review, investigation and reporting of safety related incidents and accidents.
Our purpose is to make exercise irresistible… it’s a pretty fulfilling purpose for all of us. We have 6 clubs, 500~ staff and lots of members to look out for and we're looking forward to having a safety guru who can help us develop and continuously improve what we do.
Some stuff that will help you get the job:
- Degree or diploma qualified preferred
- 3 years' experience in a senior or national Health and Safety role.
- Experience with plant rooms, water treatment and swimming pools preferred.
- Experience in a multi-site environment desirable
- Knowledge and sound understanding of the OHS Act and all regulations
- Sound knowledge of safety procedures and risk management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for all things health and safety and the ability to motivate others
- A natural knack with systems (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Love people? Love health and fitness? Love bananas? Love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in this position simply apply online now or contact email@example.com.