National Customer Service Manager (Head Office)
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Shape our customer experience – the heart of our brand
- Help make exercise irresistible
- Zetland (near Green Square Station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 245 clubs in 10 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, you’ll deliver an extraordinary member experience at Virgin Active. With end to end responsibilities, you’ll help scope out, create and delivery high quality customer experience solutions throughout the business.
In a nutshell:
• Partner with the clubs to ensure we provide exceptional customer service in line with our
customer experience strategy (and Service Promise).
• Lead and manage the delivery of customer experience recommendations and solultions across
• Ensure all member feedback and complaints are handled effectively.
• Provide training on customer touchpoints and interactions for all club-based roles.
• Measure and evaluate service delivery through love levels and audits.
• Identify areas of long-term strategic development within the customer experience.
• Provide understanding to others on membership terms and processes.
• Continually review the customer experience to determine improvements from end to end.
• Provide leadership, clear direction and ongoing development to the customer service team
who look after membership admin (post-sale), product queries, membership rules, online
portals (eg, mylocker), arrears collections, refunds, member comms and general queries.
To land this gig:
- You have 5+ years of relevant Customer Service leadership experience (ideally national).
- You know what it’s like to work with a high profile consumer brand. You may also have delivered service in a multi-channel business. A+ for you.
- You are people-focused. You get a kick out of creating those wow! moments. You’re patient, level-headed and cool under pressure. Teaching others customer service makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- You are self-assured. You listen intently.
- You write eloquently. Your communications are direct, considered and clear and you’re authentic when you express yourself. You use empathy to design better processes. People trust your judgement.
- You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand. You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily. You’re comfortable managing your time and can be counted
on to successfully reach goals.
- You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You’re motivated to find solutions. You easily move between tactical
work and big picture work.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- Performance incentive and a place on the management team
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible option
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular coaching and development
- Standing desk? Got it. Wellness sitting ball? Got it. What more do you want, fresh fruit every day?...Consider it done.
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.
How to Apply:
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Apply now.