Learning & Development Manager
at Head Office (Sydney)
- Shape our people – the heart of our brand
- End to end L&D solutions
- Zetland (near Green Square Station)
We are the world’s leading health club and a global brand with 245 clubs in 10 countries. With exclusive classes, innovative equipment and enthusiastic staff, we motivate and inspire our members every day. We believe passionately in giving back to local communities and helping young people to love being active.
Our people are at the heart of our brand and the People team’s challenge is to ensure we are as “red on the inside as we are on the outside”. This isn’t always easy – we are a growing business with a lot to live up to so we need to be really involved in co-creating our own future.
Reporting to the National People Manager, you’ll help our people achieve their career and personal development goals. With end to end responsibilities, you’ll scope out, create and deliver high quality learning solutions throughout the business.
Our purpose is to make exercise irresistible… it’s a pretty fulfilling purpose for all of us. We haven’t had anyone on the team dedicated to L&D before… our success to date has been a result of everyone chipping in to carefully create careers for our people. But we’re ready now. We are a team of ~500 and we’re looking forward to having an L&D guru who can help us create clear opportunities for career progression and bring training to life. These opportunities don’t come up often. Especially with Virgin.
Some stuff that will help you get the job:
- Degree qualified (or your Cert IV) with 5+ years in an end-to-end learning role having scoped, created and facilitated effective learning solutions
- Experience working with a high profile consumer brand (perhaps you’re from retail or hospitality?)
- A strong passion for developing people
- An excitement to set-up the L&D program and question why we do what we do
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts and how to apply them effectively
- An innovative approach to training practices, strength in coaching, professional leadership and service delivery
- Engaging communication skills – you know how to hold your audience
- A natural knack with systems (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Love people? Love health and fitness? Love bananas? Love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in this position simply apply online now or contact email@example.com.